As part of the Development Research School, Lund University contributes with a multifaceted perspective on poverty. It also provides experiences of interdisciplinary cooperation and research training with a focus on the SDGs.
The development research environment mainly comprises researchers from the:
- Department of Political Science,
- Department of Human Geography
- Department of Economic History
- Centre for Sustainability Studies (LUCSUS)
- Division of Social Medicine and Global Health
These departments, with development researchers such as Associate Professor Kristina Jönsson, Professor Agnes Andersson Djurfeldt, Professor Ellen Hillbom, Professor Emily Boyd, and Professor Anette Agardh, have a long tradition of cooperation through education as well as research, notably the:
- Interdisciplinary Bachelor Programme in Development Studies (BIDS)
- Master of Science Programme in Development Studies
- Master in International Development and Management (LUMID)
- Annual Development Research Day
Lund University also has an Africa strategy group, which collaborates with a wide range of African universities. It arranges Africa Day, Africa Research Day, and online webinars.